We are a member of a statewide network of agencies dedicated to assisting families, child care providers and the community with child care information and services. Our service area includes the following counties: Kandiyohi, McLeod, Meeker, and Renville.
Are You a Licensed Child Care Provider?
- We are an advocate for high quality child care
- We collaborate with community organizations to promote and support high quality child care
There are resources to help you do this important work.
Are you a FFN (Family, Friend, Neighbor) Caregiver?
- Lending Library of books on child development, curriculum, activities for children, business issues; Training DVDs. Call for a complete list: (320)235-0850 or (800-992-1710)
- Consultation and support to start and/or strengthen your child care program. Call for more information: (320)235-0850 or (800-992-1710)
- Building Quality Initiative. Visit www.mnchildcare.org to learn about an exciting new statewide opportunity. Call to find out how this is happening locally: (320)235-0850 or (800-992-1710)
- Training opportunities such as classes, workshops and conferences. Go to: www.midwestchildcare.com
- Grants for equipment, training and/or program enhancements. Go to: www.midwestchildcare.com
- Assistance in filling vacancies in your program through parent referrals. Call (866)511-2244 to speak to a Referral Counselor
- Do you take care of your grandchildren, nieces, nephews, brothers or sisters or cousins while their parents work?
- Do you provide child care for a friend or neighbor's child?
- We have small grants available for items that are directly related to care of the child, such as health and safety items, children's toys or books. We have information about fun activities to do with children, and we can point you toward classes about how children develop. Call to find out how to apply for a grant. (320)235-0850 or (800-992-1710)
For more information about this type of care, go to http://mnchildcare.org/ffn/
Are you a Parent? Are You Looking For Child Care?
- Individualized referrals to licensed Centers, family child, school age, and preschool programs in your area
- Individual assistance from a child care referral counselor
- Tools to help you choose the best care for your child
- Information about quality child care, special needs and unlicensed care
- Call (866)511-2244 or www.mnchildcare.org Click on "looking for Child Care in MN"